Saturday, June 25, 2011

Homemade Popsicles - YUM!

One of our favorite things to do in the summer is hit up the farmers market and buy all sorts of fresh fruit.  We can't possibly eat all of it before some of it goes bad, but one of the things the kids love to do is make smoothies and popsicles.  They think they are simply eating/drinking pure yumminess, but they are also getting lots of vitamins, fiber, and anti-oxidants.  

Serving up fruit for snacks and dessert year round is always a winner, but in the summer is it extra delicious!  There are a lot of great recipes out there for ice pops, and this summer I plan on trying more than a few of them.  Here are some I found today on-line:

(ok, so these aren't fruit pops -
but yum - who doesn't love a fudge pop!)

You can find some ice pop molds on sale 

Side note:  when I chop up the fruit, I also puree up a bunch and freeze in storage containers so whenever we wanted a smoothie I could whip one up super quick.  So . . . this one time a friend came over and I served her a smoothie.  After she was about half way done, she asked "what fruit is in this?"  I told her, "I can't remember, I think mango, peach, a little papaya, and . . ", then she finished my sentence with a swelling up tongue . . . "and kiwi?".  oops - she was allergic.  So if you do this (which it is an awesome time saver for summer treats), you may want to mark the lid with what fruits are in the mixture. :-/

If you have a recipe for ice pops or smoothies you love, please feel free to share :-)

Keep up with the freebies, coupons and deals by subscribing to My NCTriangle Mommy today! You can also follow me on facebook and twitter. Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Jackie Landy © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved