Sunday, June 19, 2011

a few things my dad loved


a few things my dad loved

motorcycles
tools
classic country western music
mystery movies
sweet tea
giving his grandchildren rides on the riding lawnmower
my moms fried chicken
playing his guitar with friends
working on old cars
his family

a few things i loved about my dad

listening to stories of his youth
sitting in the garage watching him work on his projects
when he picked me up from kindergarten on his motorcycle
hearing him sing and play guitar
that he taught me how to change a tire
and the oil before i could get my license
watching the smiles on my kids faces when they were with him
taking rides with him in his fixed up '38 mg
how he always let me go barefoot
sitting on his back while he did one armed push-ups
how he was one of the funnest dads/uncles at family reunions

happy father's day dad
i miss you
Keep up with the freebies, coupons and deals by subscribing to My NCTriangle Mommy today! You can also follow me on facebook and twitter. Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design By Jackie Landy © All Rights Reserved. | Copyright © My City Mommy LLC 2009 All Rights Reserved